BBC Looking for "Self-shooting Directors"
This is an email from the BBC looking for Self-Shooting Directors:
Self-Shooting Director - Talent Meet & Greet Session
Wednesday 7th March from 1800-2000
Quay House, MediaCityUK
We are looking for talented, Self Shooting Directors (Assistant Producer level) to provide ad hoc freelance cover across BBC CURRENT AFFAIRS output.
The people we are hoping to meet may work across varying output including The ONE Show, Rip Off Britain and BBC3 Docs.
You will need to be editorially strong , ideas driven and be able to self-shoot to a high standard. You may be asked to be able to deliver short films into The One Show and Rip Off Britain as well as offering robust editorial judgement and an instinct for original journalism, so if you think you fit this description we would love to meet you!
This is your chance to meet the programme makers and spend 5mins selling yourself to them.
Spaces are limited so respond early to avoid disappointment. To bid for a space, email Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org including your CV and if you are successful confirmation will follow.
Do you have the following skills:
· Proven track record in producing and directing short films.
· Be able to produce workable pre-shoot scripts and treatments and produce edit scripts.
· Ability to interpret stories in a way which demonstrates an understanding of the artistic potential of the television medium, and the requirements of the Current Affairs agenda.
· Able to self-shoot to a very high standard and demonstrate sound understanding of TV technology and its use in programme acquisition.
· Confidence to manage on location – mainly contributors and plan, schedule and organise all aspects of a location shoot ensuring location contracts and contributor consents are properly received, managing location safety, ensuring delivery of items on time and on budget.
· Ability to work well in a team and under pressure to strict deadlines.
Warning - If you bid for a place and you are not already experienced you are unlikely to be successful as we are looking for skilled people – these are not training/development roles.
BBC News, Salford
TV and Radio Current Affairs, BBC Breakfast, 5Live, RLP
4th Floor, BBC Quay House, MediaCityUK, Salford, M50 2QH
Mobile: +44(0)7754 407784 Email: email@example.com